Skip to main content

Featured

Wrapping Up the Becker Research & Sharing Resources

  I'm concluding my research into the Becker/Baker family and their immigration from New York to Canada, and later from Canada to Cleveland. I have made some amazing discoveries along the way, and feel I have a much better handle on when and why they immigrated from place to place. Here are some highlights and important discoveries I made along the way: I located a fabulous original photo of my great-grandfather Edward in a St. Catharines museum! While creating a timeline, I noticed that Joseph Becker's grandfather Peter Schiltz died in St. Catharines, Ontario, not in Sheldon, Wyoming, New York, where he lived. A Belgian cousin contacted me about our common Schiltz ancestors after reading a blog post. I discovered there were two Joseph Beckers in Sheldon, Wyoming, New York, who each had a son named Joseph. While attempting to separate them in land records, I came across the not-my-ancestor Joseph Becker's will in a Wyoming County deed book.  Though my great-great-grandfathe

FAMILY PHOTO FRIDAY


A smiling Grandpa Kozlina holds Tommy, with Grandma and Mom, about 1941. Photo colorized at MyHeritage.

 

By Nancy Gilbride Casey


It's time to share more of the great photos I received from Cousin Marlene (with annotations by Cousin Joe), from Pennsylvania.1


These photos feature our grandparents Thomas and Margaret Kozlina in the early days of their marriage, with my Mom, Anna Margaret Kozlina and her brother Tommy Kozlina, with one image with my Aunt Marian as a baby.

Uncle Tommy and Grandma, on the stairs of the Kozlina home in Lemont Furnace, Fayette, Pennsylvania. 



Uncle Tommy is probably about a year or so old, so likely taken about 1941.

Below, Grandma is celebrated on Mother's Day, May 14, 1944, with Grandpa Kozlina, my Mom, and Uncle Tommy.

 
Grandma, Grandpa in rear, Tommy and Mom in front.
Beautiful Grandma!

Grandma and Grandpa.


Grandma and Mom.

Lastly, here is one with Aunt Marian as a baby. Cousin Joe wrote, "Picture taken in Lemont. Home place. This is what yards looked like. Building on right is outside toilet. I tore those down in 1972." Lemont Furnace in Fayette, Pennsylvania, was the home of Grandpa Kozlina's parents, Frank and Louise Kozlina, who emigrated from Croatia in the early 1900s.

Baby Marian, on right, held by Grandpa, about 1946.

Hope you enjoyed these photos. More to come next Family Photo Friday! Special thanks to Cousins Marlene and Joe for sharing and for remembrances.

Until next time...


NOTES

1 Kozlina family photos, circa 1940-1946, various locations, unidentified photographer; private collection of N. Casey [address for private use], Tioga, TX, 2022.

 


Comments